Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Buffalo Soldiers

A few months ago, whilst in Thailand, my friend and I went buffalo hunting. We had a big one in our sights when I had an attack of conscience. The big lug was just standing there, so peaceful, eating some grass. We exchanged a look, the buffalo and I. Then I turned to the side and exchanged a look with my friend. Wordlessly, we crept forward, spears at our sides until we were eye to eye with the buffalo. The three of us stood staring at each other. Then my sister and I climbed on board. The buffalo accepted our weight without complaint and began plodding forward. We all became best of friends--it's a shame they wouldn't let us take him home!

2 comments:

Single White Nerd said...

Wow. Did this really happen? Spears? Great buffalo!

opus2 said...

you shoulda ate 'im. yum yum.